We drive every day to get from one point to another, maybe with a few stops along the way. We do it without thinking about how dangerous it can be and there are driving mistakes that can cause accidents. If we can recognize what some of the biggest driving mistakes are, it can be easier to avoid disaster. NonStop Towing Vegas presents a list of the worst driving mistakes to help you avoid them.
Common Driving Mistakes
1. Adjusting car settings. Trying to adjust your seat, the mirrors, stereo or AC while the car is in motion is not a good idea. When you’re doing this, you’re not paying attention to the road. Just wait till making adjustments is safe.
2. Primping and grooming while driving. This may sound silly to most but grooming oneself while driving happens more than you realize. The mirrors in your car aren’t there so you can put make up on or shave. Make sure you’re ready before you leave the house, so you can give the road your full attention. Your safety and the safety of those around you is more important than your appearance.
3. Driving when drowsy and tired. Life gets busy and we get tired. Scary fact-20% of all accidents are caused by drivers that admitted they were tired. Every yawn behind the wheel puts you and others in danger and it’s even more dangerous when you are extremely tired. If you find your eyes fluttering, pull over and get some caffeine in your system. Then try and get more sleep!
4. Driving under the influence. This should go without saying but it happens and it’s a terrible thing to do. When you drive under the influence, it reduces your reaction time and can cause a fatal accident. On top of that, you can then be arrested and face serious consequences. Don’t do it. Remain sober, stay alert, stay safe.
5. Cell phone use while driving. We love to stay connected and most of us do this with our cell phones. This is becoming more of a common driving mistake with laws that now prohibit it. Nothing is that urgent that it can’t wait till you’re not driving. We got along just fine before cell phones were a part of everyday life. Passengers should also refrain from distracting the driver with their cell phone.
6. Tailgating and weaving through traffic lanes. Following other drivers too closely and weaving through traffic isn’t smart. It’s not worth it to get somewhere a minute or two sooner if you get in an accident. Being reckless makes the road more dangerous for everyone. Plus, it will be your fault if you rear end the driver you’re tailgating.
7. Road rage. Along with driving recklessly comes road rage. When you’re flipping the driver off that made a mistake, you start driving dangerously. Letting your emotions get the best of you can be dangerous. Take a few deep breaths and let the anger pass and focus on your driving, instead of those around you.
Towing & Roadside Assistance in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas, Nevada
Even when you try your hardest to avoid these common driving mistakes, accidents can happen through no fault of your own. If you find yourself in need of roadside assistance or towing services, give Nonstop Towing a call. We’ll be there in a jiffy!