“I don’t mind getting stranded on the side of the road” said no one ever. It’s the last thing any driver wants to happen. Unfortunately, most drivers will experience at least one breakdown over the course of their life. If you know why it usually happens you can take step to try and prevent it from happening.
Why Do Drivers Get Stranded?
1. Flat Tires. Roads that are not maintained properly and your tires are not a good combination. It increases the risk of flat tires and blowouts. You can take steps to reduce the chances you’ll have these issues. Make sure you maintain the correct tire pressure, rotate your tires regularly, try and avoid road hazards and make sure your spare tire is in tip-top shape.
2. Dead Battery. You probably won’t have battery issues while you’re driving your car. You might if you’ve stopped somewhere and then your car won’t start again. That leaves you stranded. You can keep your battery in good condition by making sure you turn the lights off when you leave you car, try to avoid running your car if it’s not necessary and change your battery every five years.
3. Overheating Engine. It can be quite alarming to see smoke billowing out from underneath the hood of your vehicle. Check your fluid levels on a regular basis and if your car starts to overheat you should cut the AC and turn the heat on in your car. This will take heat away from the engine until you can get off the road.
4. Brake Issues. Driving a car with weak breaks is risky. Weak breaks can cause accidents. Accidents that can be fatal. Always change brake pads when it’s time and have break issues taken care of as soon as possible and pull over as soon as you think you’re having brake issues. Do not try and get to your destination as it can cause more problems or an accident.
5. Running out of Gas. Being a few minutes late to where you’re going is much more convenient than running out of gas and getting stranded. Keep your tank at least a quarter full at all times to avoid this inconvenient situation. On top of being inconvenient, it can be bad for your vehicle to run out of gas.
Dashboard Warning Lights
Another way to avoid a breakdown id to pay attention to those lights that appear on your dashboard. Those lights come on for a reason. When something goes wrong with your vehicle, a signal funnels through the electrical system and into the dashboard. This will light up a hieroglyphic that can cover a wide range of issues. Some of theses issues are serious and need to be addressed immediately to keep you safe while your drive. These lights can also save your vehicle from further damage and costly repairs.
Towing & Roadside Emergency Services in Summerlin, North LV, Henderson, Enterprise, Paradise, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas, Nevada
Even if you’ve taken all the right steps you can still end up stuck on the side of the road. Contact NonStop Towing for help. We’ll get you back on the road in no time with our emergency towing and roadside assistance services.